Jennifer Staton, Head of Marketing & Partnerships at FusionTECH, is an accomplished, dedicated, and highly motivated partnership management & development executive with over 17 years of experience.
Staton is skilled in developing and implementing creative marketing platforms to enhance a brand’s impact. Having first-hand experience working for a brand, team, property, and league, she is proficient at bringing internal teams and external stakeholders together to create value. Staton is committed to the personal touch of client services through attention to detail and identifying the “why”. Her industry awareness is leveraged to drive value for partners by proactively suggesting enhancements to their partnership platforms. These ideas include integrations with the league, team, athletes, broadcast & radio partners, merchandise affiliates, concessionaires, and other events.
She has led some of the most visible and hands-on accounts including Global Fortune 500 companies, start-ups, and regional businesses. Focused on results and enhancing productivity, Staton has developed bespoke programs including the technology partner platform, partner on-boarding, founding partner council, and many more.
Believing that partnership maximization is key to success, she developed five partnership philosophies that are her guiding principles:
1. Knowledge is power. You must understand the partner’s brand, goals, and objectives to develop authentic programs.
2. Content is king. Everyone craves innovative ideas; not everyone will jump on “the leader not follower” mentality, but it is our job to present it.
3. Revenue provides the ability to achieve greatness. It costs money to make money, but it is always easier when income is generated from successful programs to reinvest in even bigger ones.
4. The most successful partnerships are built on trust. Trust in your team. Trust in your partner. Set expectations, share information, communicate, celebrate wins, and learn from losses.
5. Have fun. KPIs are certainly important but if a partner also enjoys the process and the time together, they’ll become your advocate to others. Word of mouth advertising builds positive brand awareness that money can’t buy.
Staton earned her Marketing Degree from Sheridan College in Toronto, Canada where she was awarded the Sheridan Scholar designation.
I am Scuba Certified